Sign on a shoe store window in Copenhagen. It translates as " SALE!!!! " This cute, yet practical number costs 50 Danish Kroner, that's about 8 bucks, I think.
Yes, I was there some time ago...and shot pictures of shoes in the window...the photo earlier of "Shoes for lady with three left feet" was taken there as well.
They were just a few of hundreds of photos taken of all kinds of things. I did have an interest in working with shoes as "art objects" or material for art objects. I did a series of constructions later that used the shoe as "canvas" so to speak, I painted them, paper mached them, glued things to them etc. The entire belly of the large roadrunner sculpture is made of the soles of shoes, etc. I will post some "shoe art" in the near future! : )
4 comments:
great! where did you find these pictures?
you've been there, behind the window, taking the pics?
i will show my shoes tomorrow...not a show, just a pair - and why, you'll know tomorrow! :-)
Yes, I was there some time ago...and shot pictures of shoes in the window...the photo earlier of "Shoes for lady with three left feet" was taken there as well.
sorry i'm curious but why did you take these pics?
They were just a few of hundreds of photos taken of all kinds of things. I did have an interest in working with shoes as "art objects" or material for art objects. I did a series of constructions later that used the shoe as "canvas" so to speak, I painted them, paper mached them, glued things to them etc. The entire belly of the large roadrunner sculpture is made of the soles of shoes, etc. I will post some "shoe art" in the near future! : )
Post a Comment