I leaned back at my desk and caressed my secretary's leg as she handed me the mail.
"Read this one to me, mon cherie," I said, handing one back to her. She sat down on the chair next to me and crossed her legs.
"To whom it must concern," she said, in her soft and sultry voice. "Pay close attention to what I say.
It happened about two years ago when during an assignment, the Hubble Space Telescope was oriented to the Constellation Fornax in order to capture ultra deep field observations. To capture images, in other words, at a depth or distance out into space that to date, had never been probed. Images of outermost regions never before seen by man. The images were astounding. But, even more astounding, an occurrence that went unnoticed until the announcement that came only last week from NASA that the Hubble had somehow become infected. That was the word they used. Infected."
"Shall I go on, sir?" my secretary asked.
"Yes," I replied. "I find it somehow endearing."
"A reporter asked,
"What does that mean?" The NASA spokesman shuffled his papers and said,
"An infection is basically an invasion and multiplication of microorganisms." He then stepped away from the mike and would take no further questions. I recalled several years back when I was working for NASA, having a conversation with a colleague at a bar. I remembered he said quite drunkenly,
"What if, out there, there was a non-physical intelligent civilization that existed only as some kind of radioactive pulse? And they notice the pulses we are sending out into the universe, and hijack them and ride them back to earth?"
"You tell me," I replied, being one Russian vodka behind him.
"So, they make it into our receivers," he said," "The satellites, skylab, the Hubble. From there, they are home free and beaming on down to earth."
The detective stuck his toothpick behind his ear.
"So, that's your statement?"
"Yes," I replied. "Don't you see? They are in our tvs now. Our radios. Our cars. Our computers. Our cell phones. They are listening to us all the time. They are tapping our brains. They are putting GPS devices in our shoes. They know our every move. They are controlling us."
"Sargeant," the detective said over his shoulder, "Lock him up."
So, I write to you from my cell now, and I will tie it onto the leg of a rat. Maybe it will find you."
"Its signed, 'Sincerely yours, John Whelby'," my secretary said. I couldn't help but laugh, of course.
"Will there be anything else, Mr. Fornax?" she said, dropping the letter down to her lap.
"Yes, I'd like to check your pulse now."
"I'd like to check your pulse too, Mr. Fornax." Our pulsing became one self-exciting circuit on the couch by the window until at last we screamed at the same time,
"Stupid earthlings!"
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This is so damn creative I am wondering where the author truly comes from! ;) Would make a great comic book, with the right drawings to accompany the great writing.
Best Halloween story I've read!
OMG, this is simply delicious! You are so wonderfully warped, I can only adore you. This should be your next full length book project.
Now I know I have at east a couple of twisted readers. I thought this was the most ridiculous story I've written in a good while... : )
Lydia, yes a comic book...I don't know about a full-length book Shrinky unless it was a real cheezy pulp fiction thing....I can only be cheezy in short bursts...to write page after page of cheeziness would be a real challenge....
i read this yesterday but i was laughing too much to be able to leave a comment :-)
and "I can only be cheezy in short bursts" - you really crack me up :-)))
Roxana, clearly the fact that the story had you laughing tells me that you have some kind of latent cheeziness too. Have you heard the song, 'People"? It goes like this:
"(Cheezy) people who love (Cheezy) people are the luckiest, (Cheeziest) people in the (Cheezy) world..."
Cheezy people are so misunderstood. It's not eazy being cheezy. And you can quote me on that! : )
Your blog is awesome.
Louis Vuitton bourses apporte une tempête de la mode chaud pour le monde LV Sac prix entier pour son look étonnant et merveilleu design.Louis Vuitton est l'un des fabricants les plus agressifs. L'entreprise emploie 40 avocats à temps plein et 250 enquêteurs indépendants à travers le monde, et l'année dernière à ses agents ont été impliqués dans 4.200 raids sur les réseau de contrefaçon et 8.200 actions en justice. Des entreprises comme Kate Spade, Chanel et Coach, dont le portemonnaie sont également largement copiés, sont membres des consortiums de plusieurs fabricants de luurygoods qui facilitent crises civiles et pénales de marchandises de contrefaçon. Sacs à main en le sont seulement à la mode comme les sacs à main et sacs à main, et il ya certainement quelques modèles assez peu qui sont disponibles aussi bien. Vous devez acheter les sacs à main classiques de mise en page, qui est brun foncé leatherbased avec les symboles en bronze de Louis Vuitton qui apparaissent tout au long des sacs à main. Votre Pochette est une autre forme de son pursess pour vous de jeter un oeil à; les pursess sont suffisamment peu de la taille que vous devez emporter partout, mais il faudra certainement répondre à tous vos articles importants, tant de gens simplement l'utiliser comme un petit fourretout. Le style classique est produit de dim luuriante brune ornée de minuscules leatherbased rou louis vuitton portefeuilles distribuer à travers la conception. Ce délai d'un portefeuille de la plupart de favori sans aucun doute un de la Pochette ce qui est certainement un design chic nouvelle d'inclure à votre sélection de style et de créer une affirmation de conception comme par aucun moyen avant. Ce type de portefeuille Louis Vuitton a beaucoup de confort pour l'homme ou les revendications des femmes et vous devriez également effectuer un démarrage en les regardant à l'occasion, vous devez impress.It est dit que l'envoi de la capacité à la cérémonie sont ajoutés régulièrement fera progresser l'accord parmi les amateurs . Achetezvous une allocation de vous amant fréquemment? Et qu'estce que vous achetez habituellement? SaintValentin 2009 away.What anesthésié avezvous acheté pour elle sur la SaintValentin lv sacs? Quelque chose comme les roses, anneau de diamant ou une montre acclamé LV Toile Monogram sac? J'accepte elle serait ajoutée admirer si vous béatifique elle une indemnité de hâte pas encore l'altitude referred.Gift n'est pas le ressort de women.Gift pour lui est l'affaire de plus de Louis Vuitton hommes pursess.If obtenir l'adulte et pursess alerte Damier Graphite hommes Vuitton comme cadeau, ils seront être portemonnaie ecited.Damier graphite vuitton hommes n'est jamais chancre ou monotonous.Multifunctional portefeuille damier graphite hommes rend l'activité des hommes est acceptable et fast.Tie réelle important dans l'activité circadienne de cachet men.Men 's et de l'apparence peut être absolument affichée par le tie Louis Vuitton sac 2011.While Louis Vuitton cravate des hommes la volonté de l'affectation du cachet des hommes qui seront absolument le globe oculaire de women.Love lui, et lui acheter un pursess Damier Graphite sac louis vuitton sale.
Good thing it ended well.
coaches toolbox
Post a Comment